Okay, so you got your brand’s social media strategy all planned out, and things are working out just like you wanted them to– and the reason you know is because the likes, shares and comments spawned by your social content is taking off.This is when knowing about community management comes in handy.
The following are the main elements to managing your brand’s community effectively, and using it to grow your brand even more:
1. Understand and evaluate your goals It’s easy to come up with a plan to ‘increase Facebook engagement by 50%’, but do you know exactly what the statement means? One thing that not many new brands know is that Facebook’s marketing strategy has it getting more and more payment for the fans it chooses to show your content to, unless your content gets organic engagement. Focusing on the quality of engagement instead of the quantity is one way to try and actively gauge your brand’s reach.
2. Choose your social networks wisely A mistake most brands make when they’re first starting out on social media channels is to start on almost every social network possible, without checking to see if the long-term marketing plan for all these networks is viable. An effective way to manage your audience (a.k.a your community) is to start small with the channel that has the best growth for your brand, create a roadmap, and monitor carefully.
3. Be dedicated to your brand’s community Community management is one field that needs constant attention and adaptability, besides dedication to your brand. Remember that when anything happens, social media is where it comes to light first, and so you have to be alert to make the best use of every opportunity. It helps for Community managers to follow a certain process in these situations; as well as to be available at all times.
4. Always measure successes (and failures) It’s only human to make mistakes, and the art of community management is one that has to be honed with practice. So don’t expect to achieve great results from the first time around. This also means that you need to measure your successes and failures so you know what exactly made your efforts win or fail, and by how much. Effective measurement also gives you insights into what your community likes, shares, and is growing into.
5. Craft the story of your brand Although it might seem like a waste of time, it’s a fact that people love a good story. Documenting the story behind your brand, and saying it in an interesting, inspiring way is the secret to great engagement. Your audiences will feel connected to everything you do; if you simply do this step well. If you aren’t confident about building your brand’s story, an easy and yet powerful way to build up your audience anyway is to focus on the quality of your product, and to give your community the power. Successful online communities have a lot of user-generated,
manager-moderated content; so think well about both approaches, and make a strategy customized for your brand.
Interested in learning more? Next week, we deal with the best ways brands should deal with their online audiences on Facebook.ReachAll gives you insights into effective digital marketing, and its app helps you manage the social reputation of your restaurant. If you have any problems, or queries related to the app, do feel free to give us a call on +91 9243566111 at any time between 10 AM and 7 PM.